Code Champions will be hosting a three-day coding course during the first week of the Term 2 holidays, Monday 8 to Wednesday 10 July.
We’re looking forward to tackling some great projects and are offering three awesome days of computer programming:
- Dates: Monday 8 to Wednesday 10 July
- Time: 9.15am to 3.30pm
- Student ages: Years 4 to 8 (in 2019)
- Cost: $300 for the three days, which includes the use of a computer and appropriate software during tuition time.
- Venue: Churchill Park School, Kinsale Avenue, Glendowie, Auckland
Participating students will be placed in groups of a similar level of coding experience and each day they will tackle a different coding challenge. Each will suit a range of skills and interests, and will introduce them to a variety of programming approaches and experiences.
Schedule for each day*
- 9.15am: Doors open and sign in
- 9.30am: Welcome and overview of the day
- 9.40-11.15am: Coding session 1
- 11.15-11.30am: Morning tea
- 11.30am-1pm: Coding session 2
- 1-1.30pm: Lunch
- 1.30-1.40pm: Group briefing
- 1.40-3.20pm: Coding session 3
- 3.20pm: Debrief and review of the day
- 3.30pm: Goodbye and sign out
* Timings may vary during the day.
Coding sessions: During each session, there will be periods of instruction mixed with hands-on programming, collaboration with other students, testing and debugging, and demonstrations.
Places are limited: Places are limited (approx 8-10 people per project) and students will be grouped by age/ability. When it comes to offering places we will process enquiries in the order they are received. This is designed as a three-day course and first dibs will go to bookings for the entire three days. (If we are unable to fill all the places we may be able to offer single days at $125 each. Let us know if you only want a single day and we’ll add you to a waiting list.)
Bring your own food: Refreshments are not provided (other than water fountains for topping up drinks bottles). Students will need to bring their own food and drinks for morning tea and lunch.
BOOK YOUR PLACE
If you’d like to book a place for your daughter or son – or have any questions – please contact Greg Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We treat all personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act. We do not share information with any Third Parties.